- Time to Nationalize the Intelligence Industry
- SPIES FOR HIRE: The 70 Percent Solution
- Digital Blackwater
- INSA – How Money and Power Corrupts National Security
- Who’s helping the NSA? A Look at Palantir
- When NBC’s analysts speak, who’s really talking?
- North Korea: What’s really happening
- NSA Whistleblowers on HuffPostLive
- The Untold Story of the NSA Whistleblowers
- Why Whistleblowing Matters: A Speech by Tom Drake
Category Archives: Uncategorized
To Gary Snyder, who lives just down the road from here on San Juan Ridge, about 75 miles as the crows fly: Walking tonight, high Sierra: 2/3 moon on right, bright Jupiter on left. Wind the only sound. Reports of … Continue reading
My tweet of the day @timothys: Rush Limbaugh calls the first black man elected president “boy.” To the racist white man, America is always Mississippi, circa 1962. (Thanks to the late, great Phil Ochs for the song).
This CIA report, dated June 1979, was probably written as background material for President Jimmy Carter’s 1979 visit to Seoul. It was obtained by Tim Shorrock under the Freedom of Information Act in 2006; the initial FOIA request to the … Continue reading
Covering Hurricane Katrina was one of the hardest assignments in my 30 years in journalism. I wrote this story after spending two grueling days walking through the Lower Ninth Ward, accompanying families who were coming back there for the first … Continue reading
My latest published piece, from the London Guardian (go there for all the links). Hidden deep in the CIA Inspector General report on the Bush/Cheney torture regime are references to interrogations and torture in Vietnam and Central America. Plus: How … Continue reading