I've just started reposting here after a nine month absence. Look for some nice changes to the site and regular updates on U.S. intelligence, privatized spying, Korea, Japan and music. My pages section at the top (just below that incredible photo from South Korea in 1960) includes links to much of my work on Korea, Japan, etc., over the years. Meanwhile, follow me on Twitter @TimothyS and read my blog at TheNation.com.
- Labor crackdown in Seoul: Transport Union fights police raid
- Roundup: US militarism in Asia-Pacific, Oct. 19-30, 2015
- Did John Brennan suck as a contractor? The CIA thinks so.
- Abe’s Proxy Army – on Facebook
- New documents out on Stellarwind
- Masters of War – Japanese Version
- PSYCHO-CAPITALISM: A $180 million torture-for-profit industry
- Blackwater: The problem is the outsourcing of war
- The U.S. media will believe anything on North Korea — some perspective from a long-time Asia hand
- No boots on the ground, but plenty of contractors
Category Archives: Asia
South Korean police raided the national offices of the Korean Federation of Public Services and Transport Workers Union (KPTU) on Friday but were thwarted by workers and union members. The raid is part of a broad crackdown on organized labor by … Continue reading
We just love our proxy army, navy and air force. This is from the Japan Ground Self-Defense Force Facebook page. Guess they think they need a lot of propaganda to overcome the deep aversion to the security bills that Abe – to … Continue reading
It’s a black day in Japan. After years of relentless pressure from the CIA, the Pentagon, Washington’s think tanks, and the Obama administration and every one that went before, the fascist prime minister Abe has finally turned Japan into America’s … Continue reading
Read how Samsung treats its workers, even dead ones, and you might reconsider the giant company for your next phone. From Hankyoreh, one of South Korea’s only independent newspapers. Members of the Samsung service workers chapter of the Korean Metal … Continue reading