I've just started reposting here after a nine month absence. Look for some nice changes to the site and regular updates on U.S. intelligence, privatized spying, Korea, Japan and music. My pages section at the top (just below that incredible photo from South Korea in 1960) includes links to much of my work on Korea, Japan, etc., over the years. Meanwhile, follow me on Twitter @TimothyS and read my blog at TheNation.com.
- Trump’s Man from Contractor Land
- With Clinton, Expect Increased Tensions with North Korea
- The 4.19 Democratic Uprising in South Korea
- JFK Mystery Solved!
- Oligarchy of Spies
- On Buzzfeed’s McCarthyite smears against Korean Americans
- The Dictator’s Daughter Strikes Again
- Gwangju: Preserving the vicious nature of martial law, 1980
- Guest Post: South Korea Bans Korean-German from Kwangju
- My Gwangju FOIA Documents Get a Home – In Gwangju
Category Archives: Neocons
This afternoon in Las Vegas, about 300 members of my union, AFGE, with members from several other AFL-CIO unions, turned out in 109 degree heat to give a vociferous welcome to Republican Vice Presidential candidate Paul Ryan. He was meeting … Continue reading
My tweet of the day @timothys: Rush Limbaugh calls the first black man elected president “boy.” To the racist white man, America is always Mississippi, circa 1962. (Thanks to the late, great Phil Ochs for the song).
Here’s a story you won’t find repeated in the ‘left’ press. The Washington Post‘s brilliant Rajiv Chandrasekaran reports that a DoD unit in Iraq has sparked a confrontation with the State Department over its plans to reopen state-owned companies in … Continue reading
Thanks to Billmon at Whiskey Bar, we get the twisted story about how the neocon/AEI axis helped torpedo Juan Cole’s appointment at Yale. From Jewish Week: When Coleâ€™s potential hiring became publicly known, several of his detractors, including the American … Continue reading