Jeff Stein’s SpyTalk: CIA documents detail false predictions on Korea. In which SpyTalk actually advances the story by adding details from retired Army General John Wickham, who was the US commander in South Korea during and after the Kwangju Peoples’ Uprising of 1980.
I've just started reposting here after a nine month absence. Look for some nice changes to the site and regular updates on U.S. intelligence, privatized spying, Korea, Japan and music. My pages section at the top (just below that incredible photo from South Korea in 1960) includes links to much of my work on Korea, Japan, etc., over the years. Meanwhile, follow me on Twitter @TimothyS and read my blog at TheNation.com.
- Outsourcing war is a bloody business
- Raising a ruckus with the South Korean government
- Labor crackdown in Seoul: Transport Union fights police raid
- Roundup: US militarism in Asia-Pacific, Oct. 19-30, 2015
- Did John Brennan suck as a contractor? The CIA thinks so.
- Abe’s Proxy Army – on Facebook
- New documents out on Stellarwind
- Masters of War – Japanese Version
- PSYCHO-CAPITALISM: A $180 million torture-for-profit industry
- Blackwater: The problem is the outsourcing of war