Jeff Stein’s SpyTalk: CIA documents detail false predictions on Korea. In which SpyTalk actually advances the story by adding details from retired Army General John Wickham, who was the US commander in South Korea during and after the Kwangju Peoples’ Uprising of 1980.
I've just started reposting here after a nine month absence. Look for some nice changes to the site and regular updates on U.S. intelligence, privatized spying, Korea, Japan and music. My pages section at the top (just below that incredible photo from South Korea in 1960) includes links to much of my work on Korea, Japan, etc., over the years. Meanwhile, follow me on Twitter @TimothyS and read my blog at TheNation.com.
- The 4.19 Democratic Uprising in South Korea
- JFK Mystery Solved!
- Oligarchy of Spies
- On Buzzfeed’s McCarthyite smears against Korean Americans
- The Dictator’s Daughter Strikes Again
- Gwangju: Preserving the vicious nature of martial law, 1980
- Guest Post: South Korea Bans Korean-German from Kwangju
- My Gwangju FOIA Documents Get a Home – In Gwangju
- Reflections on The Intercept’s Snowden Archive
- Back to Korea