Many of these photos were taken by my father, Rev. Hallam C. Shorrock, Jr., in Occupied Japan in 1947 and 1948. A few others date from my childhood in Tokyo.
I've just started reposting here after a nine month absence. Look for some nice changes to the site and regular updates on U.S. intelligence, privatized spying, Korea, Japan and music. My pages section at the top (just below that incredible photo from South Korea in 1960) includes links to much of my work on Korea, Japan, etc., over the years. Meanwhile, follow me on Twitter @TimothyS and read my blog at TheNation.com.
- Abe’s Proxy Army – on Facebook
- New documents out on Stellarwind
- Masters of War – Japanese Version
- PSYCHO-CAPITALISM: A $180 million torture-for-profit industry
- Blackwater: The problem is the outsourcing of war
- The U.S. media will believe anything on North Korea — some perspective from a long-time Asia hand
- No boots on the ground, but plenty of contractors
- Stunning report from South Korea: “A worker’s body is stolen.”
- Leaked document reveals extent of contracting in Afghanistan
- Just as I thought: U.S. prevented ROK retaliation in 2010