I've just started reposting here after a nine month absence. Look for some nice changes to the site and regular updates on U.S. intelligence, privatized spying, Korea, Japan and music. My pages section at the top (just below that incredible photo from South Korea in 1960) includes links to much of my work on Korea, Japan, etc., over the years. Meanwhile, follow me on Twitter @TimothyS and read my blog at TheNation.com.
- Trump’s Man from Contractor Land
- With Clinton, Expect Increased Tensions with North Korea
- The 4.19 Democratic Uprising in South Korea
- JFK Mystery Solved!
- Oligarchy of Spies
- On Buzzfeed’s McCarthyite smears against Korean Americans
- The Dictator’s Daughter Strikes Again
- Gwangju: Preserving the vicious nature of martial law, 1980
- Guest Post: South Korea Bans Korean-German from Kwangju
- My Gwangju FOIA Documents Get a Home – In Gwangju
Category Archives: Japan
President Obama will visit Hiroshima on May 27, accompanied by Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe. Should he apologize, pundits ask? Absolutely. My thoughts, just posted at The Nation. The idea that the atomic bombings brought an end to war has always seemed … Continue reading
A Storify listing of stories I posted on Twitter from China, Japan and Korea over the past two weeks, prepared for the Founding Meeting of the Korea Peace Network. I’m giving a talk Friday morning on the “Geopolitical contest and … Continue reading
We just love our proxy army, navy and air force. This is from the Japan Ground Self-Defense Force Facebook page. Guess they think they need a lot of propaganda to overcome the deep aversion to the security bills that Abe – to … Continue reading
It’s a black day in Japan. After years of relentless pressure from the CIA, the Pentagon, Washington’s think tanks, and the Obama administration and every one that went before, the fascist prime minister Abe has finally turned Japan into America’s … Continue reading