I've just started reposting here after a nine month absence. Look for some nice changes to the site and regular updates on U.S. intelligence, privatized spying, Korea, Japan and music. My pages section at the top (just below that incredible photo from South Korea in 1960) includes links to much of my work on Korea, Japan, etc., over the years. Meanwhile, follow me on Twitter @TimothyS and read my blog at TheNation.com.
- Trump’s Man from Contractor Land
- America is not an innocent bystander in Korea
- The Washington Post didn’t like this piece on the US role in Korea…
- American Military Power in Asia and the Trump Factor
- 20 years ago, my reporting caused a furor in South Korea
- Kilcullen to Me: “You’re a conspiracy theorist.”
- “Nation-Building” Is Back: Now with Contractors
- Hankyoreh honors my work on the U.S. and South Korea
- Whatever happened to the COINdinistas?
- With Clinton, Expect Increased Tensions with North Korea
Category Archives: Intelligence
Remember Iraq? Trapwire? Abu Ghraib? Meet Trump’s Top Military Adviser who just became his acting National Security Adviser Update: This was posted at The Nation on November 18, 2016. Now this player from contractor land is the president’s acting national security adviser … Continue reading
Big Chief Counterinsurgent David Kilcullen prefers hagiography to reporting. This photograph was taken in 2014 at a Washington seminar on Syria where I was finally able to speak directly to David Kilcullen about a story I was preparing about his … Continue reading
A few years ago, I was leaked a large trove of documents from a contractor deeply engaged in the counterinsurgency war in Afghanistan. As I slowly made my way through them, I decided I had to go back to my … Continue reading
Dallas: The Russians Did It In keeping with the spirit of this twisted presidential election, I have just discovered new evidence, pieced together from old clippings, that JFK was taken out by the Soviet Union in a plot masterminded by … Continue reading