I've just started reposting here after a nine month absence. Look for some nice changes to the site and regular updates on U.S. intelligence, privatized spying, Korea, Japan and music. My pages section at the top (just below that incredible photo from South Korea in 1960) includes links to much of my work on Korea, Japan, etc., over the years. Meanwhile, follow me on Twitter @TimothyS and read my blog at TheNation.com.
- A Plea for Peace in Korea
- Chomsky on Korea, U.S. Foreign Policy, Sanders and Clinton
- Zounds! US military contracting is up! Way up!
- South Korean opposition fights draconian anti-terrorism law
- Republican and Media Idiocy on North Korea
- Cryptome’s searing critique of Snowden Inc.
- The Road to Kaesong: The Tragedy of a Divided Korea
- The Hidden History of the (Current) Korean War
- On that North Korean satellite launch
- Outsourcing war is a bloody business
Category Archives: Military Industrial Complex
Just posted at Radio War Nerd. Deep-dive interview with investigative reporter Tim Shorrock on the roots of the recurring North Korea crises . . . we spend time recovering the gruesome lost history of North Korea, South Korea & the … Continue reading
I just published a story at The Nation about the recent kidnapping of three U.S. contractors in Baghdad. The tale underscores an important truth about the vast expansion of military contracting in war zones over the past 15 years: it’s … Continue reading
A Storify listing of stories I posted on Twitter from China, Japan and Korea over the past two weeks, prepared for the Founding Meeting of the Korea Peace Network. I’m giving a talk Friday morning on the “Geopolitical contest and … Continue reading
In January 2010, a few days after a Nigerian terrorist came close to blowing up a US passenger plane on its way to Detroit, President Obama’s top counterterrorism adviser made an extraordinary confession. “I told the President today I let him down,” … Continue reading
It’s a black day in Japan. After years of relentless pressure from the CIA, the Pentagon, Washington’s think tanks, and the Obama administration and every one that went before, the fascist prime minister Abe has finally turned Japan into America’s … Continue reading