This afternoon in Las Vegas, about 300 members of my union, AFGE, with members from several other AFL-CIO unions, turned out in 109 degree heat to give a vociferous welcome to Republican Vice Presidential candidate Paul Ryan. He was meeting with a bunch of Romney donors, including zillionaire casino magnate Sheldon Adelson, at the latter’s Venetian Hotel. I have no doubt that our message was heard, loud and clear. But, funny: somehow the protest didn’t rate a mention in the New York Times.
I've just started reposting here after a nine month absence. Look for some nice changes to the site and regular updates on U.S. intelligence, privatized spying, Korea, Japan and music. My pages section at the top (just below that incredible photo from South Korea in 1960) includes links to much of my work on Korea, Japan, etc., over the years. Meanwhile, follow me on Twitter @TimothyS and read my blog at TheNation.com.
- The 4.19 Democratic Uprising in South Korea
- JFK Mystery Solved!
- Oligarchy of Spies
- On Buzzfeed’s McCarthyite smears against Korean Americans
- The Dictator’s Daughter Strikes Again
- Gwangju: Preserving the vicious nature of martial law, 1980
- Guest Post: South Korea Bans Korean-German from Kwangju
- My Gwangju FOIA Documents Get a Home – In Gwangju
- Reflections on The Intercept’s Snowden Archive
- Back to Korea