I've just started reposting here after a nine month absence. Look for some nice changes to the site and regular updates on U.S. intelligence, privatized spying, Korea, Japan and music. My pages section at the top (just below that incredible photo from South Korea in 1960) includes links to much of my work on Korea, Japan, etc., over the years. Meanwhile, follow me on Twitter @TimothyS and read my blog at TheNation.com.
- Labor crackdown in Seoul: Transport Union fights police raid
- Roundup: US militarism in Asia-Pacific, Oct. 19-30, 2015
- Did John Brennan suck as a contractor? The CIA thinks so.
- Abe’s Proxy Army – on Facebook
- New documents out on Stellarwind
- Masters of War – Japanese Version
- PSYCHO-CAPITALISM: A $180 million torture-for-profit industry
- Blackwater: The problem is the outsourcing of war
- The U.S. media will believe anything on North Korea — some perspective from a long-time Asia hand
- No boots on the ground, but plenty of contractors
Author Archives: Tim Shorrock
South Korean police raided the national offices of the Korean Federation of Public Services and Transport Workers Union (KPTU) on Friday but were thwarted by workers and union members. The raid is part of a broad crackdown on organized labor by … Continue reading
A Storify listing of stories I posted on Twitter from China, Japan and Korea over the past two weeks, prepared for the Founding Meeting of the Korea Peace Network. I’m giving a talk Friday morning on the “Geopolitical contest and … Continue reading
In January 2010, a few days after a Nigerian terrorist came close to blowing up a US passenger plane on its way to Detroit, President Obama’s top counterterrorism adviser made an extraordinary confession. “I told the President today I let him down,” … Continue reading
We just love our proxy army, navy and air force. This is from the Japan Ground Self-Defense Force Facebook page. Guess they think they need a lot of propaganda to overcome the deep aversion to the security bills that Abe – to … Continue reading